Pressure washing is a great way to clean and restore the exterior surfaces of your property. It is a fast, cost-effective way to improve the look of your home or business. But before taking on a pressure washing project, there are a few things you need to know. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about pressure washing.
What is pressure washing?
Pressure washing is a cleaning method that uses high-pressure water jets to remove dirt, grime, and other contaminants from the exterior surfaces of a building. It can be used a wide range of surfaces including concrete, brick, stone, and other hard surfaces, as well as softer surfaces like wood, aluminum, and vinyl siding. The pressure of the water can be adjusted to suit the specific surface being cleaned.
What are the benefits of pressure washing?
Pressure cleaning has numerous benefits, including:
- It is a fast and efficient way to remove dirt, grime, grease, stains, mildew and mould, improving the appearance of your property.
- It can quickly remove graffiti, chewing gum, and other substances that have become stuck to a surface.
- It can improve the safety of a property by removing slippery substances like mould, mildew and moss that can cause slips and falls.
- It can increase the lifespan of your exterior surfaces by removing contaminants that can cause damage over time.
- It can help increase your property’s value as a clean and well-maintained building is more attractive to buyers.
What are the risks of pressure washing?
While pressure washing has a lot of advantages, there are some risks that you should be aware of.
- Water damage: Pressure washing can cause water damage if not done properly. The pressure of the water can force water underneath siding, windows, and doors, damaging the interior of your property.
- Damage to surfaces: Pressure cleaning can cause damage to delicate surfaces such as wood, aluminum, and vinyl siding. If the water pressure is too high it could strip away paint and other protective coatings, exposing the surface to further damage.
- Injury: The high-pressure water jet can cause injury if not handled properly. It is important to wear protective clothing and eye protection when pressure washing.
By hiring experienced and insured professionals like The Jet Co, you won’t have to worry about any of these risks.
How can I ensure the safety of my property when pressure cleaning?
- Use a professional: Pressure washing can be a dangerous job if not done properly. It is best to hire a professional who is experienced and trained in the use of pressure washing equipment.
- Cover vulnerable areas: you should cover areas such as windows and doors with plastic sheeting to prevent water from getting inside.
- Wear protective gear: Always wear protective gear such as goggles, gloves, and long-sleeved clothing when pressure washing.
- Monitor pressure: Make sure the pressure of the water jet is appropriate for the surface being cleaned. Too much pressure can cause damage to the surface.
Have any more questions?
The Jet Co Pressure Cleaning Sydney are specialists in all aspects of pressure washing. We have experience dealing with all kinds of pressure washing work, working on residential, commercial, industrial and strata properties across Sydney.
If you have any questions or would like to make an enquiry, please call us on 0492 238 169 or visit our contact page!